Friday, July 26, 2013

DIY No Sew Curtains!

I was trying to find a quick temporary solution for the kitchen sink window until we finish the remodel so I had these curtains already on hand and decided to whip them up real fast. And I really mean it when I say "fast" too!


For this project I used a curtain I already had and cut it in half. It had an existing pocket that I could have run the rod thru but I wanted a nicer draping effect then what the pocket gives. plus it looks more custom. Measure the length of your window and cut the curtain to the length you need. You can hem all the raw edges or use fray check if you don't have a sewing machine.

Next you cut pieces of ribbon in small strips ( about 3-4 inches long depending on the size of the curtain rod)
and add a bead of glue to the top of the ribbon and the same on the bottom where the red dot indicates.

Run the pole thru the loops you created with the ribbon and your'e done!!
 See, wasn't that easy? 
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment